10/10/2005

There’s a new girl in my life, and her name is Annie.

We’ve been spending a lot of time together, although we haven’t known each other long. We met for the first time last Sunday, though I’d been hearing about her for a while. My mother had known her, or at least known of her, for a while now through one of the other ladies at work. When we finally met, we hit it off right away. She’s spent the last few days hanging out with me at my house.

She seems to like me, and mom and dad. Though, she hasn’t quite warmed up to Jen yet, (they’ve only met briefly), but I’m absolutely certain Annie will love her too, given a little more time.

I think she loves me. I know that there’s a special place in her heart for me; she snuggles with me while we watch television, and when we’re alone, all she wants to do is lick my face.

Everything seems so wonderful. The hardest part is getting her to pee in the back yard.

Oh, did I forget to mention that Annie’s a dog? Sorry. Whoa, you must have been getting the wrong idea. Geez.

That's right, we got a dog. We. Got a dog. If you'd like some ice in your drink, try looking in hell.

(old joke, new reason to use it)

Annie is a three year old Jack Russell Terrier. She comes from a good home run by experienced former dog breeders. They were noticing that Annie, being completely non-aggressive, was being picked on by the other dogs, they’d been stealing her toys, nipping at her, etc. The owners finally decided that Annie would be happier in a one-dog household. My mother volunteered our household.

This is a huge leap for us, and it’s still going to take a lot of adjusting, but she seems to love it here. And we love her. So it's working out for everyone.

No comments: