9/23/2004

Today was a strange day, work wise. I had all these little projects that only lasted fifteen minutes at a time. Looking back on my time sheet, I only spent more than 45 minutes on two things, and one of them was lunch.

When I got home, my dad had already managed to install new wheels on the lawnmower. The lawnmower, much like my car, had come down with a bad case of wheels-falling-off. This had happened about a week ago, and my dad had gotten two new rear wheels. I helped him to install the wheels, which is, I’m sure, why they fell off again when I went to mow the lawn yesterday. I was certain the problem with the wheels was that the hole in the lawnmower was not big enough to fit the spacers on the axle. I told my dad this. He didn’t believe me. My dad, god knows I love him, refuses to be wrong about some things. Most of the things he refuses to be wrong about involve home and garden care. To his credit, he’s usually right. But when he’s wrong, well, he tends to go into denial. I tried a few times to explain my “crazy” theory, but in the end I just kept my mouth shut, hoping that he’d give up or the problem would magically fix itself. He bought the proper hardware today, so I was back to mowing the lawn, which brings me so much joy…. Not!

People don’t use “...Not!” much anymore. I think it went out with “Well… duh!”

And another thing. I use this Clearasil “Ice Wash,” on my face. When I first starting using it, I felt the cool rush of clean on my skin. It really felt cold as ice. It was a groovy feeling. But I realized tonight, I don’t feel it anymore. The cool rush has gone. I accidentally dropped some on my foot, and felt cool rush there. Apparently my face has built up an immunity to the cool rush. I’m a little concerned about this.

Wow… isn’t life exciting?

No comments: