5/29/2005

I finally saw Episode III, so you can all stop hounding me. The Star Wars law states that I could have gone another week without seeing it and I wouldn't be arrested, so relax.

Overall? Good, a pleasant, even definitive movie-going experience. I had my usual Star Wars-related nitpicks, the kind that I've had since seeing Episode I. Great action, but the dialog was written by soap-opera addicted chimps. I think this has always been the case with the Star Wars movies, but it is painfully obvious in the prequels because Lucas is trying to emulate this Victorian stiffness that, in the end, translates to bad acting. That's my theory anyway.

Nonetheless, it was easily the most enjoyable of the three, although it did not make up for the sins of the past (Jar Jar, Midiclorians).

I'm left to wonder what technology will come up in the next few decades that will allow George Lucas to further alter, and otherwise mess with, the movies he's just made.

STAR WARS! Episode 1 through 3, un-mastered from the digital source so as to be re-mastered to different quality digital format and re-re-mastered to optimum Dolby 12.6 internal sound. Now in SMELL-O-VISION!

No comments: