6/04/2006

Sometimes when I’m awake at night, I think of funny ways to start a story. I don’t even think about what the story would be about; just a catchy intro paragraph that would give the reader a laugh and make them want to hear more. Intro’s like this:

“During lovemaking she called out six different names. None of them were mine. I got Steve, Bill, Dave, two Mikes (I would later find out that they were two different Mikes), and a fictional character that I will not name, so as to avoid tarnishing any childhood memories. What had begun as a suspicion that she wasn’t thinking about me had grown into speculation that she was thinking about something entirely out of the current context; like the phone book.”

I should write a book full of intros like that. I got a bunch. Maybe one of these days I’ll actually develop a whole story to go with these introductions.

No comments: