10/26/2003

Yea, so my bed collapsed. Not the whole thing, just the part I had propped up with the lumber that I wound up buying from Home Depot.

The head of the bed had been elevated for two days and I wasn’t feeling any better in the mornings. I had decided I would leave it like it was for a few more days, and then take it down if I still didn’t feel any better in that time, because frankly, it looked retarded.

In the middle of the second day I sat down and leaned back to watch some TV and suddenly THUMP. The whole bed jolted and I was back in a 90 degree sitting position. Shortly, my downstairs neighbor knocked on my door to ask if everything was OK. It had been an extremely loud thump. I assured her that everything was OK, and in trying to explain what had happened, I realized how incredibly stupid the whole idea was.

Today I might try to reassemble the whole contraption, this time using some duct tape or something. I only hesitate because I dread the thought of having to explain it twice.

No comments: