11/02/2003

A funny thing happened on Halloween night.

In order to cater to the bloodthirsty trick or treaters WHO NEARLY KNOCKED DOWN MY DOOR, I left a pan on the front porch, filled it with Snickers, Milky Ways, and Three Muskateers and taped a sign to it that said, "Please Just Two Each!"

Shortly thereafter I went out with my friend to a pseudo Halloween party. When we came back, about four hours later, I had no delusion that the pan would even be there, much less the candy in it. To my shock and awe the pan was still there, and it HAD MORE CANDY THAN WHEN I LEFT IT! That was fucking spooky.

The volume was the same, but in addition to the candy bars there were now M & Ms, Almond Joys, and Kit Kats. I tried to wrap my mind around it. My first thought was that maybe some of the trick or treaters had misread the sign and left two of THEIR candies. For the few moments I had accepted this explaination I was convinced that the children of Waltham were all morons. Then my friend guessed aloud that my neighbors had added to the pot, so to speak.

Oh, yea, like that makes any sense.

No comments: