4/16/2004

I’m somehow worse at my job this week than I was last week. I suppose it might just be the absence of that “It’s my first week,” cushion. Saying, “It’s my second week,” really doesn’t count for shit.

I know I’m always paranoid that I’m doing worse than I actually am, but people must really be tired of my questions and mistakes by now. I feel bad for the poor lady I work with. She must be using all her willpower to keep from just poking me in the eye.

But I digress. Maybe I am too hard on myself.

To my credit, the job is pretty hard. It’s all paperwork and there are a million details to remember. What pages, which cabinets, which people, how many copies, scans, printouts, signatures, tags, file numbers, stack orders, labels, postage, envelopes, paper clips.

I take that back. It doesn’t sound hard. I’m just a fucking chunk-head.

No comments: