4/07/2004

The lady who runs the booth at my parking garage has only one hand. She has no problem doing her job, but I feel really guilty when I ask for change.

What did man do before the invention of those little rubber knobs that you put on your fingers to sort papers? Did he just lick his finger every time? That must have gotten brutal when flipping through the real heavy stacks. I’ve got a lot of paper to sort at my job, and thankfully I have one of those knob thingies. If I had to lick my finger each time I might accidentally poke my eye out. I’ve been wearing it for so long though, now I have phantom knob. Every time I touch something I imagine I’m feeling it through an eighth of an inch of rubber. Whenever I make sudden hand movements I instinctively clutch my fist to keep my knob from flying off. It’s starting to freak me out.

No comments: