4/21/2004

My dad and I walked in the door at about six o’clock. We had spent the day playing car roulette; the loser being the one who wound up with my car.

He had to bring the van in to the dealer that morning to have the air conditioner looked at, so I followed in the second family car, picked him up, brought him home, let him take the second family car so that my mom could take me to work in my car and take my car to her doctor’s appointment.

Dad was the one who picked me up at 5:30. We went to the dealership on the way home, only to find that the car was not ready. When we got home at six, mom informed us that the dealership had called and told her that repairs to the air conditioner would cost $850 dollars.

I turned to my father, looked him in the eye, and said, “Welcome to my world.”

He didn’t see the humor in it. Can't say I blame him.

No comments: