11/26/2004

Despite my initial reluctance to spend the evening enjoying the musical stylings of "Oklahoma!" I was genuinely disappointed when we found out the show was canceled. At first I felt guilt, like I had somehow canceled the show with my mind.

Upon realizing I did not possess awesome psychic powers, I felt regret; I had surrendered to the idea that we were going to a musical and was almost looking forward to it, if for no other reason than to say I've actually sat through one. When it comes to watching musicals I usually do something drastic, like change the chanel or throw out the tape.

Aside from the cancellation, Thanksgiving weekend has been uneventful and even relaxing. We've traveled to Jen's place in CT and she did a remarkable job of preparing An Official Thanksgiving Feast, with only a minimum of coaching.

Travel has, thus far, been better than anyone had thought. We hit virtually no traffic on the way South by leaving Thursday morning. Whether our luck holds for the ride back home tomorrow remains to be seen.

One final note; I saw and fully enjoyed The Incredibles today. My apologies to Chris, because I know we were going to see that on Sunday; but I was given the choice of going shopping with my mom and sister or go see a movie with my dad. I love them all equally, but it was really not a tough choice.

No comments: