11/05/2004

During lunch with one of my co-workers, he inquired how things went on my “hot date,” that I had mentioned the other day. I gave him the honest truth; that I thought it went well, but nonetheless, the girl never returned my e-mails or phone calls.

He said something along the lines of “When you fall off the horse you just gotta get up and try again.”

At the time I simply nodded and said things like, “That’s sound advice.”

In reality I wanted to say

You know what? I already did that, I already got back on the horse. And then the horse threw me off again, so I got again. And he threw me off again, and I got back on again. Now the horse has thrown me off, like, 20 god damned times and now I’m starting to think, “You know what, fuck the horse!”

But I just kept my mouth shut and went on eating my balogna sandwich.

No comments: