3/24/2005

Sorry I haven't updated this week, I'm watching G's cats again and other than work I've kind of taken the opportunity to be a total bum. I've just been watching movies and playing video games.

You know what's funny. Telling your friend you'll stay at his place and watch his cats, and then finding out on the first day that you're having an allergic reaction to his cats. Ha ha! That just tickles me. At least, I think that's why I keep scratching.

Last time I cat sat, I had a little bit of irritation, but for some reason this time my head exploded. I kid you not, I bent down to pet one of the cats and my head shattered into a million itchy, burning, runny pieces.

Since then I've been breaking out in itchy patches, I've had bloodshot eyes, and my nose has been running constantly. I'd be absolutely amazed if my co workers didn't suspect that I was hooked on blow.

I've done my best to avoid prolonged contact with the cats. I think that it may be damaging their self-esteem though, especially the black-haired one. She's a little ho, she needs attention. I've brushed them thoroughly, I've attacked all the furniture with a lint-brush, and I've forbid them from entering the bedroom (which is where I think they usually sleep. If you're reading this, G, I'm sorry if your cats are all confused now). This has made living here for the rest of the week bearable. It's also been pretty easy to avoid dealing with them when they come up to me begging to be petted or whatnot. I just stand up and say, "Well, I guess I'll go to the kitchen now," At which point they'll FLY out of the room and wait by their bowl. (I've been keeping the bowls filled with dry food, like G does, and I've given them wet food every day at about 6 pm, just like G does. As far as I know, it's been this way for years. Yet, if you even THINK of going to the kitchen, they expect more food. Typical cats). Once again, if you're reading this, G, I apologize if your cats are starved for attention when you get back. It was either that or shave them both, and I'm sure you would have been shocked to come home to find a couple of shaved pussies running around your apartment. I know I would.

Yesterday, since I was in the area, I called my old comedy buddy and asked if he had any room for an extra comedian at amateur night on Wednesday. Next thing I know, I'm up on stage and I did a pretty good set (of course, the only people in the audience that weren't comedians were my friends, so the laughing might have been a little rigged. I did have some great material though, so I think most of the laughs were genuine). I finally managed to get a decent recording this time, so when I get home I'll put it on the computer and upload it her for everyone to enjoy.

That's about it. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to pretend to go to the kitchen.

No comments: