8/12/2004

Things have been pretty boring lately, but that’s certainly not a bad thing.

Work has been fairly busy, but the day goes by pretty fast. That’s a good sign that you like what you’re doing. Well, either that or you’re blacking out during the day. So I might be enjoying my job, or I might have brain trauma.

I’m still having trouble getting my ass out of bed in the morning. I’ve stopped using the alarm on my clock and switched to the radio. It doesn’t get me up any faster, but it doesn’t piss my parents off.

I have the radio set to a news station. You’d think that by listening to it each morning, even though I am mostly asleep, I would at least absorb some news through osmosis. Sadly, I haven’t. By the time I get out of bed all I’ve managed to retain is the fact that there’s a blowout sale at Carpet Warehouse.

I’ve been spending a lot of my free time this week playing Doom 3. It’s pretty kick-ass. I had to turn down all the fancy graphic settings a little bit to get it to run smoothly on my machine, but it still looks fantastic. I try not to buy a game right when it comes out because that’s when it’s at its most expensive, and the price always drops, but when Doom 3 came out I caved like a little girl at a pony convention. It gives me great pleasure to know that I still have the computing horsepower to run it, even if it is at medium settings.

Aside from work, sleep, and Doom, I haven’t been doing much else. I occasionally feel that I should be doing something more productive in society. From time to I stand up and say, “I should be doing charity work, or crafting something with my bare hands, or even exercise!” But then I sit back down, panting heavily.

No comments: