4/14/2005

I think there’s a higher power keeping me from going to the gym. Well, that’s not really true, I’m just a lazy ass. Although, the deciding factor this evening was diarrhea, which, when you have Irritable Bowel Syndrome, a lot like an act of God (especially at first, when you’re walking along (or, in my case, driving) minding your own business, then suddenly you have a religious experience, “HOLY SHIT LORD ALMIGHTY GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!!!” and start looking for the nearest gas station). Unfortunately, the last two nights were just pure unbridled lethargy.

What kept me from going Tuesday? A haircut. I’m one of those short-haired guys who likes to keep his coiffure neat. Not to say I’m obsessive, but when I notice that my hair is becoming unruly, I begin a quest to get a haircut. Why did I notice this on Tuesday and not Monday? I don’t have an easy answer. If you didn’t know of all the circumstances and events, you might say I was just looking for an excuse to not go to the gym… In fact, if you knew all the circumstances and events, you’d still say I was looking for excuses to not go to the gym. Who knows?

By not going Tuesday, I made a vow to go Wednesday. Well, Wednesday rolled around and I was ready. I had my gym bag in the car and everything (well, it was still there from yesterday). But, for some reason, at exactly 4:12p.m., I began feeling tired and worn out beyond belief. It hadn’t been a stressful day or anything, I was just bushed. I don’t know why (::cough:: doesn’t exercise ::cough::). I barely made it home before falling into a television induced coma before dinner. It was weird.

What happened to my resolve? Not two months ago I was at the gym religiously. Granted, two months ago I didn’t have a job, and before that, I worked at a place that was closer to the gym than my house. But still, I want to be a better person, so I still want to go to the gym at least three days per week. Except this week because, well, there’s only two days left in the week.

No comments: