4/21/2005

Things have been pretty good as a status quo. I have a few rants. These are just the things I think about during the week:

A lifetime ago I applied for a job at Home Depot, but was rejected because I failed the entry exam. I guess that’s what I get for giving my honest opinion and responding with a “No,” to the question, “Do you enjoy when customers and co-workers kick you in the balls?” Now, when I go to Home Depot, I can’t imagine how any of the people working there managed to pass that test. Frankly, they’re all idiots. I won’t generalize though, I’m sure there are plenty of good people working for Home Depot, I just haven’t met any (except Greg, ex-employee). I usually get the assholes.

My car has a thermostat that tells me the outside temperature. However, the reading is skewed by the metal that surrounds it and the temperature of the engine. So basically, it only gives you a vague idea of the temperature; the kind of vague idea of temperature you’d get from, say, walking from your house to your car.

Our new refrigerator dispenses lukewarm water. You’d think that water coming from a fridge would be colder. The water is warmer than bottles of water in the fridge. What the hell kind of design flaw is that? They have a cooling unit that dispenses water that isn’t cooled.

When disposing of our old fridge, we forgot to clean out the bottom drawer. Now we have no cold cuts or cheese.

Someone at work bought a new car that looks remarkably similar to mine. I didn’t notice it until I was standing in front of it mashing the “unlock” button on my keychain wondering why it wasn’t working. My car was actually parked behind me. It wouldn’t have been so bad, but my car is a Toyota. The car I confused with mine was a Honda.

The other night I had a dream that I was hanging out with everyone I ever went to school with. We were all at a nudist colony, but for some reason I was the only one doing anything in the nude. What the hell does that mean?

Kung Fu Hustle was quite good. Much better than Shaolin Soccer, which ended up being like a sub-par Disney comedy featuring a sports team that (instead of having, like, a dog or a monkey on the team) had kung fu masters. Anyway, Kung Fu Hustle was riotous, enjoyable, violent (sometimes brutally so), and generally a good time. I think in order to really enjoy it though, you have to be willing to laugh at everything, there’s a lot of subtle humor in it that you have to embrace right away.

No comments: