4/05/2005

I woke up late for work today, which sucked. I hate waking up late, then I have to rush out the door, and when I rush out the door I always feel like I’m forgetting something. You know, I’ll get in my car, and I’m almost ready to drive off, when I think, “Oh crap. Well, I guess I better go back in the house and put on some pants.”

My alarm clock malfunctioned, it was my fault though. The radio went on at the right time, and in a half slumber I listened to the drivel of the morning show hosts. I hit the snooze button, but then decided I wanted to continue listening to the ranting. So I hit the timer button, which turns on the radio for an hour, supposedly so you can drift off to sleep listening to it. I only listened another minute or so when I realized I’d rather be unconscious. So I hit the snooze button again. The alarm never came back on. I woke up on my own about twenty minutes after I should have been on the road. In a perfect world, I might have naturally woken up sooner, but my body’s still yelling, “Hey! What the hell happened to that extra hour? What’s this ‘fall back’ shit?”

Personally, I think we should always add an hour at every daylight savings time. It’ll be cool, everyone would have three or four extra days in their lifetime. Granted, within a few years we’ll be taking our lunch breaks at midnight, but we can deal with that when we get to it.

No comments: