1/19/2004

As I wind up the last few days of this legendary "Self-Employed," stint, I'm taking advantage of, "Being my own boss."

Namely, I'm taking some well deserved vacation time. Mostly in the mornings. This morning I took a two hour vacation and went into work at 11:00. Of course, this isn't paid vacation. When you're self-employed, "paid vacation" is the same as "falsifying your timesheet." I am happy to say that I have not, nor will I ever, take a paid vacation while being self-employed.

I've also elected mysef as "Employee of the Month." I'm still trying to think of perks for this. So far I'm just sleeping and eating more.

Fortunately, I'm not in the middle of any daunting projects. I believe I am being slowly phased out (by "slowly," I mean they started in September), and I hardly have any reason to show up in the first place. I'm really just tying up loose ends.

No comments: