1/30/2004

I've been playing nursemaid for my mother this week after she had some minor knee surgery. I don't mind doing it. In fact, I'd gladly be her nurse for the next 23 years; then we'd be about even.

Today's been slow. I'm kind of bored, but there are several things keeping me from going out tonight.

Number one; it's cold. It's just the right temperature to make you ask yourself, "How much can I accomplish without taking off this blanket?" The temperature in the house is infamously low, so I'm getting a very small taste of what it's like outside. I'll stay inside under my moose blanket, thank you very much.

Number two; I'm sick. Whoa! Stop the presses! Jon's sick! How unusual. Fortunately, I think I've managed to isolate the offender. Dairy products. I've been monitoring my diet for several days now, and any entry that says "milk" is usually followed by "horrible cramps and nausea." In fact, the only time this week that I was sick without milk was after watching League of Extrodinary Gentlemen. What can I say, Sean Connery gave me gas.

Number three; I'm in New Hampshire. The question of going out or not becomes kind of moot when the only reason to go out in the first place is to rent a movie or pick up a bucket of KFC.

Thank god I brought my Nintendo.

No comments: