1/25/2004

So while I’m kind of on layover here in my apartment, I rented the “The Sims: Bustin’ Out.” I began by creating a character based on myself. And, surprise surprise, he’s a complete bum. You have to remind him, like, eight times to go to work. Sure, he’s friendly and he cleans up after himself, but he’d rather unclog the toilet than go to work. I guess I can sympathize. I assume he’s self-employed too.

I’ve already moved him from his mother’s house, to the house of his friend Mimi (who was a complete spaz), and now to the Goth estate. Pretty nice place, but the room they gave me was all stone walls with a simple bed and two crates. It’s not like they didn’t know I was coming, we’ve been friends for a while. I’m sure that in my bizarre Sim babble I might have mentioned that I was going to be moving in as the next natural step in the game. Maybe they could have saved the money they used to buy the stupid synthesizer and sprung for a little wallpaper. Of course, without the synthesizer there would be nothing to do but sit in the wooden chairs and stare at the “art.”

And then I come to find out Bella and Mortimer Goth are not actually sleeping in the same bed. It’s like they had some huge fight before I showed up and now when I go to sleep Mortimer stands over me with an “Are you done with the bed yet?” look on his face.

And they both go to work, but they don’t bring any money back! I can only imagine that they whore themselves out and use the money to score crack before they even get home!

But I digress. It really is a nice place, and once I save some money up, I got my eye on that deluxe robotic espresso maker. And maybe some more pink flamingos.

No comments: