2/22/2004

I'm a materialist. I often find spiritual comfort in my scads of cool shit. The down side to this is that moving is always a bitch.

In retrospect, I should have rented a U-Haul truck. Transporting my life between Waltham and Manchester is all the more difficult as we make several slow trips with my van and my parent's van. Right now I'm spread across two states and it wreaking havoc on my feung-shui. I've got boxes piled in my room and I can't unpack them yet because I still have more crap to fit in there. I've tried to thin out my possessions to make room for the new stuff, but after hours of sorting I've only managed to throw out a casette tape and two 2003 calendars.

Right now it does, in fact, feel like a step backwards. I feel like I've left the womb, and now I'm going back in, and I'm bringing a bookcase, computer desk, and several boxes back with me.

Anyway, a shout-out to Charlie for pointing me in the right direction for putting comments on my page. I'll put up a link to your blog as soon as I'm back on my own computer.

No comments: