2/05/2004

I'm sure that playing the PC video game "Call of Duty," on the harder difficulty levels is fun for some people. I'm sure that there are some people out there who wonder what World War II would have been like if the Germans never missed a single shot, had somehow built up a resistance to ammunition, and they were only interested in killing just you.

Don't get me wrong, it's an excellent game on the lower difficulty levels, and I do like a challenge. But, when you turn the corner and you see Fritz down the hall fill you with thirty bullets before you can complete the "Point" phase of "Point and Shoot," then it just stops being fun.

I suppose it's easy to say that's how real war was. However, I would never assume to guess the horrors of war, or compare it to anything I know. I wouldn't be one to say that playing a game even gives any indication of what war is like. Trying to play Call of Duty on the hardest difficulty level is really nothing like real war. It's just simply irritating.

No comments: